We have been getting quite a few beets and heirloom zucchini in our CSA (Community Shared Agriculture) box. My family loves roasted beets so I decided to try a dressing to coat the vegetables as they roasted.
My family gobbled this up. They love their veggies and this sauce gave it just a bit of a different flavor to change things up. We will be making these again soon!
We served these with chicken and a green salad.
Yummy Roasted Vegetables
- 6 beets, cut into 1/2″ cubes various varieties such as candy stripe beets
- 1 large onion, cut into 8ths
- 4 small zucchini
- 1 head garlic cloves, trimmed and left whole
- 2-3 peppers, red, orange or yellow, large slices
- Brussels sprouts, cut in half
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 cloves garlic, minced finely
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Peel and chop vegetables. Place in a large bowl.
- Mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar, white vinegar, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, chopped basil, salt and pepper in a separate bowl. Mix well and taste. Adjust spices as necessary to your taste.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Place vegetables on a rimmed baking sheet covered with parchment paper and bake for 40-45 minutes until beets are softened and easily pierced.
- Remove pan from oven and serve hot.