My daughter passed her driving test yesterday! Yeah! Another licensed driver (well, once we can get her to DMV) in the house. That is going to make so many things quite a bit easier. She was so nervous but she did it.
I am relying on my slow cooker this week. Things are so busy and I need to have meals ready that everyone can eat at different times. Slow Cooker meals such as the Slow Cooker Barbecue Pork Tacos can be kept warm and served as needed. Super bonus for me!
We love the combination of pulled pork, cheese, fried onions, and dill pickles. It sounds weird but believe me it is so good! You need to use the cold packed dill pickles in the glass jar in the refrigerator section. Do not use the heat packed pickles that are shelf stable it will just not taste the same.
- 1 1/2 lbs. pork chops, boneless preferred but can use bone in you will just need to debone after cooking
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey Barbecue)
- taco shells (I used the boats)
- cheddar cheese
- Refrigerator dill pickles, chopped
- French fried onions
- green onions
- Place pork chops in the bottom of the slow cooker. My pork chops had some fat on them so I did not add any liquid. IF you need to add some liquid use 1/4-1/2 cup chicken stock or water.
- Cook pork chops on low 6-7 hours until cooked through and shred easily. Remove any liquid in pan before adding barbecue sauce.
- Cover mixture and let sit while preparing other ingredients.
- Serve with taco shells, dill pickles, French fried onions, and green onions or other toppings as desired.