We all love Buffalo Chicken. Anything Buffalo Chicken flavored is going to peak our interest. When I recently saw Buffalo Chicken Tacos on a menu I thought we could easily make something similar (or better!) at home. That is the problem with our going out to eat is often we look at the menu or order something and we all sit and critique the food saying how we could have made it better. Yeah, we are a GREAT family for going out to dinner with.
I like dishes like this because each of us can adjust the spiciness of the dish. I put extra hot sauce on the table so my son can drench his in hot sauce while my daughter thinks this dish is just the perfect spiciness and anymore she would not eat it. If you want it even less spicy cut the hot sauce down and taste and adjust to your liking.
I served this with taco toppings such as lettuce, green onions, sliced onions, sour cream, hot sauce, and diced tomatoes.
- 1 – 1 1/2 lbs. chicken breasts
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce*
- powdered garlic, to taste
- taco shell boats
- cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese mix, shredded.
- taco toppings: sour cream, lettuce, onions, green onions, hot sauce, diced tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Grease an 8×8 baking dish or sheet. Set aside.
- Coat each chicken breast lightly with the salt and black pepper.
- Place chicken into baking dish or sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes. Cover chicken with aluminum foil and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes until cooked through. Allow the chicken breasts to completely cool and then shred using two forks or cut with a sharp knife.
- Place the cream cheese, butter, and hot sauce into a large pan over medium heat until the cream cheese has melted. Making sure to stir frequently.
- Place the shredded chicken into the mixture and stir to coat. Remove from heat.
- To make the tacos: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line taco shells into a baking dish.
- Place 1-2 tablespoons of the buffalo chicken mixture into each taco shell and top with shredded cheese. Repeat with all tacos.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with toppings as desired.