With one of our two kids back to college we are going back to our routine of simple dinners and appetizers. I love appetizers for dinner. Serve them with a nice green salad and I almost feel okay about have a delicious bite or two instead of a whole meal.
These are also great for a group of teens/college kids gathering at your house or an appetizer for a party. They are easy to make and simple to keep warm in a pre-heated oven.
Verdict: I love these. They are super simple and have a more savory than sweet taste. Pair them with your favorite Asian chili sauce for dipping and a green salad and you have a nice simple meal. These can easily be heated in the air fryer or the oven.
Simple Crab Rangoons
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 6 oz crab meat, finely diced
- 2 scallions, fine dice (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 package of wonton wrappers
- Oil for frying
- water for sealing
- Soften cream cheese to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to mix your cream cheese until it can be easily stirred. Add the crab meat, scallions (if using), salt, garlic powder, and onion powder into the cream cheese. Blend until well combined. Taste and adjust flavors to your liking.
- Fill the center of the wonton wrapper with crab filling– about 1 teaspoon.
- Dip your finger in water and brush the edges of the wonton. Fold the bottom corner of the wonton up to meet the top corner, folding your wonton into a triangle or a small purse. Make sure all sides and edges are well sealed.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet. Once the oil has heated up, fry the rangoons for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove the rangoons from the oil and place on a paper towel-lined plate to remove any excess oil.
- Serve warm with Asian chili sauce.