So with back to school and dance classes starting time is getting stretched thin again. Last night we made a take on one of our favorite hot dogs from a restaurant back home, The St. Bernard. The picture is not very good but they were yummy!
- Your favorite brand of hot dogs
- Hot dog rolls
- 2 oz. Swiss cheese slices – per hot dog
- 2 Heaping tablespoons of sauerkraut – per hot dog
- brown mustard
- Cook your hot dogs according to the package. We prefer ours fried or boiled.
- Place hot dog rolls in a 200 degree oven while the hot dogs cook to warm slightly.
- When hot dogs are just about done remove hot dog rolls from oven.
- Place 2 oz. of Swiss cheese on each roll.
- Place cooked hot dog on top of cheese.
- Place sauerkraut over and around hot dog on the roll.
- Top with a dash of brown mustard.
My family thought these were almost as good as the restaurants. We now have a quick meal to add to our rotation.
One Comment Add yours