Yes, this is another Pinterest recipe. I have been obsessed with Pinterest lately. With my current state of insomnia late at night I am often looking for new recipes to try.
This one seemed to contain everything my family loves – sweet and comforting. I started with this recipe for Honey Barbeque Meatloaf from Can You Stay for Dinner? I of course changed it to suit what I had on hand in my pantry.
2 lb 90% lean ground beef
3 slices white bread, ground to crumbs
5 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
1 1/2 cups honey barbecue sauce, divided – I used Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss white bread in your food processor and grind it into crumbs.
- In a large bowl, use your hands to mix together the ground beef, fresh bread crumbs, 5 TBSP Worcestershire sauce, the spicy brown mustard, 1/2 cup of the barbecue sauce, salt, and black pepper.
- Shape the mixture into a long, thick log and place on a sprayed baking dish. I also lined mine with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce. Spread half of this mixture evenly all over the meatloaf. Reserve the other half for serving.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Slice and drizzle with reserved honey barbecue sauce.
I served this with baked sweet potatoes with butter and brown sugar. BIG mistake. This meal was so sickeningly sweet that it made your teeth ache.
I may try this recipe again with a different BBQ sauce. But, I have so many other great meatloaf recipes that we prefer I probably won’t be trying this again for a long time.