So this was definitely a I am really not too sure what I am making but our refrigerator contents are getting low and all I have is ground beef, meal. My children do not like plain old hamburgers or cheeseburgers and I was running out of time to get dinner on the table.
Then the inspiration hit. Casserole!
I took a bit of everything I could think of that went into any casserole I ever made and mixed it all together. It was pretty good for a first attempt without a recipe. The family liked the soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce mix that added more flavor to the dish. My family is big on flavor and bland dishes do not get made again.
I will definitely be making this again.
- 1 1/2 lb of ground beef
- 1 minced onion
- 1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce, low-sodium if possible
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 8 oz. can of mushrooms, drained
- 16 oz. bag of frozen corn thawed
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 16 oz. bag of thawed tater tots
- 2 cups of cheddar cheese, divided
- salt, to taste (leave out if using regular soy sauce)
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9″x13″ casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Brown ground beef over medium heat. Remove all grease except 2 TBSP from pan and set meat aside in a large bowl.
- Add minced onion to the frying pan. Cook until translucent about 5 minutes.
- Add onions to ground beef. Stir into beef and onion mix the Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, garlic powder, mushrooms, corn, sour cream, mayonnaise, tater tots, 1/2 cup of cheese, salt and pepper.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Spoon into the prepared casserole dish.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove pan from oven and sprinkle remaining cheese over the top. Return to oven for about 10-15 minutes until completely heated through.
- Remove from oven and let sit 2-3 minutes before serving.