It has been hot here. I know hot is a relative term but 85-95 degrees with 85%+ humidity makes us not very hungry at all. We have gone to the beach 7 of the last 8 days to escape the heat a bit.
This is one of our favorite easy summer side dishes. It is tart and tangy and makes your mouth pucker with the vinegar taste but it is so refreshing on hot days.
Marinated Cucumbers and Onions
- 2 peeled cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of rice wine vinegar (can also substitute red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar, I have done both)
- 1 tsp sugar (or to taste)
- 1 tsp Morton’s Natural Seasonings
- Combine cucumbers and onion in a glass bowl.
- In a small bowl, stir together water, vinegar, sugar, and seasoned salt until sugar is dissolved. Pour over vegetables. Chill for at least 1 hour. Serve chilled or at room temperature.