We are nearing the end of our “No Buy July” month and my cupboards are getting pretty bare. I am having to become more and more creative in my meals.
I saw this recipe on Pinterest for Pasta Salad with Creamy Parmesan Dressing from Grumpy’s Honeybunch. The recipe sounded delicious but I did not have sun dried tomatoes, asparagus or fresh corn on hand to make the recipe as it was. So again, I adapted it. I used my normal macaroni salad recipe with the Parmesan Dressing.
It was delicious. Usually the longer the salad sits the better it gets but this one was best right after it was made. We ate it for lunch the next few days but had to “freshen” it up a bit by adding a touch of mayo and a dash of Parmesan cheese before serving.
- 1 lb. pasta
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/4 lb. baby carrots, chopped
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- When cooked to al dente drain the pasta and rinse under cold water until cool.
- While pasta is cooking prepare vegetables and add to pasta after rinsing with cold water.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Stir dressing into salad. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.