I have passed over this recipe for Crockpot Pineapple Chicken on Pinterest at least one hundred times. I kept thinking how can this be good? There is nothing in it. Sure, it looked easy but … would it be tasty? Finally I had to give it a try.
I needed a quick easy dinner and i had frozen small pieces of chicken when I was cutting up and freezing my chicken for the month. I had one can of pineapple left in the pantry. I was set.
Granted this recipe was very easy. But, in the end it was just okay tasting. My suggestion is to remove all the meat and pineapple to a bowl and make a slurry of corn starch and cold water to add at the very end to thicken the sauce. It was very thin and needed more spice to it. The family thought it was “okay” but there were no rave reviews for it.
I served this with wild rice and broccoli.
- 2 lbs. chicken breast, cut into small chunks
- 1 (20 oz.) can of pineapple (tidbits, chunks or rings does not matter)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 TBSP soy sauce
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- Place chopped onion in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Place chicken pieces over the onion.
- Pour entire can of pineapple over the chicken.
- Pour soy sauce and chicken broth over the pineapple.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or on high 4-5.
- Let sit for a few minutes before serving.