I needed a dinner within half an hour on the table. Standing in front of the open refrigerator and freezer (I now know where my children get it from) I finally gave in. I tried the Cheeze-It Chicken a week or so ago after seeing it on Pinterest. Now, the snack food fish.
My son isn’t a big fan of fish. He will eat it but it is not his favorite meal. So, I decided to try this to see if he would like it any better. He did! He even asked for seconds. It was extra crispy and spicy so it tended to cover that bit of fishy smell and taste.
It was quick and easy. I served a green salad and wild rice with this to make the meal complete.
- 1 lb. Tilapia (mine was frozen and I thawed partially in the refrigerator)
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 cups of Doritos, crushed, not too finely (I used Original Flavor but try the others for different tastes)
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 metal cooling racks with non-stick spray and place them on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Place the one cup of mayonnaise in a shallow bowl or plate. Place the crushed Doritos on a second plate.
- Roll each piece of fish in mayonnaise. Once completely coated with mayonnaise roll in the crushed Doritos. Once coated completely place on the racks or your baking pan.
- Repeat step 3 will all pieces of fish.
- Bake fish for 15-20 minutes, more if frozen, until center is completely cooked through.
- Remove fish from oven and let sit 2-3 minutes before serving.