School starts in a week. I am one of those moms who hate to see her kids go back to school. It means the beginning of schedules and classes, homework and Fall. Sigh. Slowly I see my food changing over to fall comfort food as the weather begins to change.
My slow cooker sits on my counter year round. It is one of the larger Hamilton Programmable Ones with two removable liners. One liner is a divided dish and the other is just a normal dish. I use it in the summer to keep my kitchen from heating up too much as I cook dinner and in the winter I use it for delicious comfort foods.
Right now the weather here has warmed up again. We are spending our last few days at the beach. I love that I can throw a roast in the slow cooker in the morning and most of the dinner is cooking while we are playing.
The “sauce” on this roast was a bit thin for my liking but it still had a really nice flavor. The kids gobbled it up so they had no problem with it at all.
I served it with wild rice and a green salad to complete the meal.
- 1 1/2 cups of Cola carbonated beverage
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 lb. roast
- 1 large onion, chopped
- Spray the inside (bottom and sides) with non-stick spray.
- Place the onion in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Gently place the roast on top of the onion.
- Mix cola, soy sauce, garlic and pepper in a bowl to well blended. Pour over the roast.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours until center is done.
- Remove roast and let rest 3-5 minutes before cutting and serving.