So after a long day of dancing, going to the cider mill and running errands we got home about 8:30 pm. I had nothing prepared for dinner and not even a thought in my head about what to make.
I knew we had some gluten-free Tyson Chicken nuggets in the freezer that I could quickly cook but when I mentioned them for dinner all I heard was, “Ugh.” But, when I said I could turn them into a KFC Like Mashed Potato Bowl it suddenly changed to, “Oooooo.”
Not my idea of a great meal but it made them happy and I could have it on the table in about 20 minutes.
- 2 packages of instant mashed potatoes (made according to directions on package) I used butter mashed
- 1 (16 oz.) bag of frozen corn, cooked according to directions on package
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar
- 2 packages of Brown Gravy (I used McCormick – prepare according to directions on package)
- 1 bag of Tyson Chicken strips or Gluten-Free Chicken Nuggets – cook according to directions then cut into bite size pieces
- Once all your ingredients are cooked or prepared you can start to assemble your bowls.
- Layer potatoes in bottom of bowl, chicken next, then corn. Drizzle gravy over the bowl and add a sprinkle of cheese.