Some nights I am fighting myself to find something quick and fairly healthy to feed my children. I am just like every other mom in the world, busy. Tonight’s dinner was tough. I am trying to get ready for Thanksgiving, to go away for a few days and keep the kids on schedule for their appointments and classes.
As I was digging through the freezer I found two bags of Tilapia. Dinner!
I found a recipe on Pinterst for Lemon and Butter Tilapia from Love, Life, Lavins on Blogspot. com. I had all the ingredients on hand and it looked incredibly simple.
My daughter said this was her favorite fish dish yet. It was tangy from the lemon juice and very flavorful. My son thought the lemon juice was a bit too much but he ate two servings of it!
I served this dish with a side of leftover Vegetable Lo Mein and Broccoli.
- 1 lb. frozen tilapia fillets
- 1 TBSP dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. ground paprika
- 4 TBSP butter
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 TBSP lemon juice
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a pan with non-stick spray.
- Lay the tilapia in a single layer in the pan.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl until well combined. Pour mixture over the fish.
- Bake fish for 20-22 minutes until fish is cooked through and flaky.
- Let sit for 3 minutes before serving.