We are still in a “No-Buy” January mode that is helping me clean out my basement pantry and freezer. We are in full on saving mode for our Walt Disney World trip. So, I need to find dishes that use things I normally stock in my pantry, freezer and kitchen and are fairly simple and tasty.
This recipe has been all over Pinterest lately. Every time I open Pinterest up there it is near the top of my feed. So, of course I had to try the recipe.
First of all we LOVE pizza. Second of all a “no dough” pizza? I read the comments for No Dough Pizza at Jen’s Corner of the World and it was mostly a discussion about if it is good for diabetics and the fat and carbohydrate count. I don’t know anything about that AT ALL! I just wanted to see how it tasted and if it really worked.
It was interesting. I ended up making 2 13×9 pans for my family and we had enough leftovers for 2 lunches the next day. It was okay for lunch the next day but definitely better hot out of the oven.
The texture was not like a real crust pizza. I thought of it more like an eggy, spongy texture. Let it sit for a few minutes and as long as you don’t put too many toppings or too much sauce on it you can pick it up and fold it to eat kind of like NY pizza. Otherwise I would suggest a knife and fork for this.
My children each ate two large slices and though both commented on the crust I never told them it was not pizza dough. They just thought it was too thin.
All the ingredients are things I normally have on hand except the pizza sauce. I doctored some leftover spaghetti sauce with a bit of extra oregano, garlic and onion powder to make pizza sauce.
Would I make it again? Sure. Would I go out of my way to make it? Probably not.
- 1 (8 oz) package of regular cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- garlic powder
- your favorite pizza toppings such as – sausage, pepperoni, olives, onions, peppers, mushrooms, etc…
- Lightly spray a 9×13 casserole dish with non-stick spray. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl cream the cream cheese, eggs, black pepper, garlic powder and parmesan cheese with a hand-held mixer until well combined.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly in prepared casserole dish.
- bake 12-15 minutes until top of crust is golden brown.
- Allow crust to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Spread the pizza sauce on top of the crust. Then top with mozzarella cheese and toppings.
- Sprinkle entire pizza with garlic powder.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until cheese is melted and edges are browning.
- Allow pizza to set for about 5 minutes before cutting and serving.