As we await the phone call regarding my mother-in-law’s passing we are trying to keep things as normal as possible for the kids. They know Grandma is near the end and what that means but their lives are still going on. There was a Talent Show at the Middle School for my daughter to prepare for this morning. There was a dress like a book character day today and a day of reading for my son. I still need to cook and laundry still needs to be washed.
The kids have been asking for pasta and sauce lately so last night I came up with a Ravioli Pizza Bake. It is pasta and sauce with the extra additions of their favorite pepperoni pizza.
It was a hit. There was not a bite left at the end of dinner. It filled the kids craving for pasta and sauce and it was incredibly simple to make.
I served this dish with a green salad and a side of green beans.
- 1 (2 lb) bag of cheese or sausage ravioli
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 oz Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 (6 oz) package of pepperoni
- 1 (15 oz) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- other pizza like additions – diced peppers, diced onions, sausage, olives, mushrooms, etc…
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 1/2 cup of spaghetti sauce in the bottom of an 9″ x 13″ casserole dish and spread to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Layer ravioli (rounded side up) in a single layer in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Cover ravioli with 1/2 of the remaining spaghetti sauce.
- Cover with 1/2 of the pepperoni in a single layer over the ravioli.
- Cover the pepperoni with 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese and the parmesan cheese.
- If you are adding any additional pizza toppings put them into the casserole at this point.
- Add a second layer of ravioli (rounded side down) in a single layer over the cheese.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and the oregano to the spaghetti sauce jar. Mix vigorously and pour mixture over the entire ravioli dish.
- Add the remaining pepperoni in a single layer over the entire dish,
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the pepperoni.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until center of dish is warmed through.
- Let rest for 3-5 minutes before serving.