Part I of this series can be found here.
The Huggies Mom Inspired Program sounds amazing! They are looking to support moms who have big ideas. Submit your ideas for your product to the Huggies Mom Inspired Program and you could win a grant for $15,000. You get to keep your idea and develop it using the $15,000 if you win. The 2014 program is now open at Huggiesmominspired.com.
Alicia from Baby Elephant Ears, Lily from Padalily answered questions from the audience and moderator Maria Bailey about how they developed their products and what they would say to anyone looking to develop a product.
- Get over your fears
- Surround yourself with support
- Grow slowly
- Stay healthy, exercise and put family first
- There is always time to be found – after bedtime or early morning hours are great quiet times
The conference ended with Ramon DeLeon, motivational speaker. He offered wonderful advice in a dynamic and energetic way. Some of my favorite ideas from him were:
- Care more about your customers (family and friends) than your competitors.
- Would you follow you?
- Don’t think in terms of friends, followers, posts or likes. Think you are building relationships.
- Choose your words carefully because you may have to eat them.
But, the real end of the conference was the reason we were all there – Mickey Mouse.
Yes, I teared up a bit as the “Mickey Mouse Club” Theme Song began to play and in walked Mickey Mouse.
During breaks we could socialize and grab a snack. I met so many wonderful new friends and learned so much in just a few short hours. I left walking on clouds of pixie dust. Thank you to all who helped in any manner to put on this wonderful conference.
*I was invited to attend the Disney Social Media Moms On-the-Road Conference. I was not asked to blog about the conference or any of the products I heard about nor was I paid to write about any of the speakers or products. All opinions are my own.