This recipe is one I have had sitting in my file box for a while. It is SUPER simple and needs very few ingredients. Once you add the Caesar dressing to the chicken dinner can be on the table within 30 minutes.
Both kids gobbled this meal up. We were going out to dinner and I wanted to feed the kids before we left so I put the chicken in the slow cooker in the morning and then finished it just before we left on our date. By the time we came home they had each eaten two sandwiches and there was barely enough chicken leftover for one sandwich the next day.
I served this with a green side salad.
For my mostly gluten-free son I used Udi’s hamburger rolls and a gluten-free salad dressing.
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 – 1 1/4 cup(s) Caesar salad dressing, either make your own or buy the best one you can find
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly shredded
- 6 rolls
- lettuce, for topping
- Prepare your slow cooker by spraying the liner with non-stick spray.
- Add chicken breasts and water to slow cooker. Cook over low heat for 6-8 hours until breasts are cooked through and shred easily.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker when finished cooking. Remove all the liquid from the slow cooker.
- Return the chicken to the slow cooker and shred it with two forks. Pour 1 cup of Caesar salad dressing over the chicken. IF you need a bit more add additional. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the chicken.
- Cover slow cooker and turn on high for 15 minutes. Stir once during this time.
- Once meat and dressing have heated through stir and serve.
- Divide chicken among the rolls and top with lettuce.