I am always in need of quick, easy side dishes to go with our meals. Once the potatoes were diced and in the oven it was 35 minutes until they were ready to go on the table. It was nice that I could cook the rest of the meal and not have to fuss over the side dish except to stir it once or twice.
My family loves the Mediterranean spices and feta so this was really gobbled up quickly. They all loved the bit of spice with the salty cheese. Everyone asked me to make this again soon.
I served this with a spicy sausage and a side of steamed broccoli.
- 2 lbs. red skinned potatoes, cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 1 TBSP dried oregano
- 1 TBSP dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried thyme (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- black pepper
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- Feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare a rimmed baking sheet by covering with aluminum foil.
- Add the potatoes and oil to the baking sheet. Mix thoroughly.
- Sprinkle potatoes with oregano, parsley, thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Bake 30 minutes, stirring once or twice while baking, until potatoes are browning slightly and can be easily pierced.
- Remove potatoes from oven and sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Return pan to oven for 3-5 minutes until feta warms. Remove pan from oven and serve.