This is not a good picture of this meal. My camera batteries were running low and the flash was not working. But, I did the best I could so you could get an idea of the dish.
Last night was a dance night for us. That means dinner need to be on the table shortly after the kids get home from school or it need to be something we can take with us in our “To-Go” dishes that they can take and eat in the car.
I found this recipe on Pinterest for Chicken with Creamy Parmesan Sauce from Southernfood About.com. I had all of the ingredients on hand and it sounded easy and delicious.
This was a delicious, comfort meal. Both kids did not think they were going to like the chicken but then ended up dividing the last piece. They were both surprised at home much they liked this meal.
I served this meal with rice pilaf and a side of baby peas.
- 4 to 6 chicken breasts, pounded to about 1/4″-1/2″ thin
- salt and pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 cup (4 ounces) fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for about 5 – 6 minutes each side, until browned and cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking melt butter in a pan over medium-low heat. Saute the garlic in the melted butter about 1 minute.
- Add the cream cheese, half-and-half, and Parmesan cheese and stir well. Heat until sauce is warmed through and silky.
- Stir in pepper and salt, to taste.
- Serve chicken with sauce liberally poured over the chicken.