Yes, another slow cooker day for me. I am so glad I did this too. Today was a struggle with school day for both of my children. So, I spent most of the day on the phone, e-mailing and trouble shooting computer issues. By the time 4:00 pm rolled around and we needed to leave for dance in a half an hour and still pick up one child at school I was grateful for my slow cooker having dinner pretty well prepared.
Neither child is a big pork roast fan but both said they liked the sauce over the rice although my son did add a bit more soy sauce to his dish. There was enough for dinner and two leftover lunches the next day.
I served this dish with brown rice but you could also use egg noodles or on the side of mashed potatoes. I also served a salad and green beans.
- 2-3 pound pork roast
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 (20 oz) can pineapple, drained of juice
- 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 TBSP cornstarch
- 3 TBSP cold water
- Place pork roast in bottom of crock pot.
- Mix sugar, soy sauce, ketchup and pineapple in a bowl and pour over the roast.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours until cooked through.
- Twenty minutes prior to serving remove pork from slow cooker to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Stir together cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Turn slow cooker to high and add cornstarch slurry. Stir well.
- Stir sweet and sour sauce well before serving. Taste sauce and adjust flavorings as needed (I added a bit more soy and vinegar to mine) serve over pork.