Back to the slow cooker! I love recipes that I can just dump some ingredients in my slow cooker in the morning and at dinner time have dinner 90% done before I even walk in the door.
A few people have asked about my slow cooker. I use a 6 qt. Set it & Forget it programmable slow cooker from Hamilton Beach. I love it. I have owned several over the years and this is by far my most favorite one. It switches to warm when needed or you can use the probe to cook large cuts of meat. If you don’t have one and are in need of a new slow cooker I love this one.
*By the way I am in NO Way affiliated with Hamilton Beach and this is completely my own opinion. I received nothing from Hamilton Beach for my opinion. I just love my slow cooker!
This was a hit. It has a very sweet sauce but the hit of hot sauce made it so much better. It truly balanced out the sweetness of the dish. I didn’t put the hot sauce in the dish but rather put it on the table so each person could balance the sweetness with the amount of spice that was appropriate for them. My son loves lots of hot sauce but my daughter likes just a few drops.
I served this with mashed potatoes, a side of mixed vegetables and a green salad. This would also be good over rice with a side of broccoli. Yummmm.
- 2-3 lb. Pork Roast
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey Barbecue)
- 1 cup apricot jam
- hot sauce for serving
- Spray the bowl of your slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- If you wish the roast to stay together better after cooking you may wish to sear the roast in a skillet before adding it to your slow cooker. If you are like me and pulled pork or fall apart pork, as we call it, is fine then just add the pork roast to the slow cooker.
- Pour barbecue sauce and apricot jam over the top.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or until cooked through.
- Serve hot with hot sauce sprinkled over the top if desired.
2 Comments Add yours
This looks awesome, I have been trying to find a good Sweet and Sour Pork recipe for the slow cooker!
LikeLiked by 1 person