My daughter came to me at 2:00 and said she needed a treat with her to her teen library group’s Christmas party. Um, I have 90 minutes to come up with something quick and in that time I need to accomplish the other 20 tasks I had originally scheduled during this time. Google is king.
Easy Chocolate Fudge from Very Best Baking.com, a Nestle’ website. I stuck with the tried and true although I did substitute pecans for walnuts because that is what I had in the pantry.
Yum. It is not “real” fudge but for a quick treat for a group of teens it was perfect! They all loved it.
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Line 8- or 9-inch square baking pan with foil.
- Combine morsels and sweetened condensed milk in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Warm over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat; stir in nuts, salt and vanilla extract.
- Spread evenly into prepared baking pan. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Lift from pan; remove foil.