Steak is a rarity in our house. I don’t often want to spend $5-$7 per pound on meat my family will eat in one bite. They LOVE steak but for me to spend $10-$15 on one piece of meat for dinner it has to be a special occasion or on sale.
That’s exactly what this piece of meat was, on sale. It wasn’t the best cut of steak but I knew if I prepared it right it should still taste just fine.
I researched through Google and Pinterest to find what I could about cooking steak indoors. I decided to try frying it and then baking it to see what happened.
This was the most amazing piece of meat we have had in a long time. It was tender, juicy and delicious. Both children were really pleased at how easily it cut and only had one spot that was a bit tough from the fat ribbon running through the steak.
I served this meal with mashed potatoes, carrots and a green side salad.
- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs. steak
- 4 TBSP butter, divided
- Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season both sides of steak well with Montreal Steak Seasoning.
- Heat an oven proof skillet over medium high heat with two TBSP of butter melting in the bottom. When pan is hot add steak. Sear well on each side for 2-3 minutes per side.
- When steak is well seared add 2 additional tablespoons of butter on the top of the steak and place in oven until desired doneness is reached. Baste steak several times while baking. Our medium rare steak took about 10-15 minutes to cook.
- Allow steak to rest 3-5 minutes before serving.