We love our breakfast casseroles. I love that I can make it the night before and just pop them in the oven the next morning. This is our favorite for New Year’s Day because no matter what time we get up breakfast can be on the table in about an hour.
My kids love this casserole because it is sweet and sticky. We use double the topping (reflected in the recipe below) because to us that is the best part. Delicious!
- 1 1/2 loaves Pepperidge Farm Cinnamon Bread
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups fat-free half and half
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 TBSP vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- Cut loaf into cubes and place evenly in a greased 9×13 pan.
- In a bowl, mix together eggs, milk, heavy cream, sugar and vanilla. Pour evenly over bread.
- Cover your pan with Saran Wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Mix together flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Cut in butter with this mixture until crumbly and place in a sealed plastic bag and refrigerate overnight as well.
- Take pan and sealed plastic bag out when ready to bake. Sprinkle crumbly mixture evenly over the bread.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes to one hour. Allow to sit for 3-5 minutes before cutting.