We are getting back into the warmer days slowly. On top of all the school and community events my children have we are wanting to spend more time outside. That means dinner is getting later and later. I love that this meal took less than 30 minutes to have on the table and I made it as choose your own toppings so that each person could have exactly what they wanted!
The family loved this. We all love Tzatiki and garlic so this was perfect for us. While the pizzas are warming in the oven you can put out small bowls of chopped onions, Kalamata olives, tomatoes, fresh spinach leaves and extra feta to top your pizzas with.
I used Naan as the base for the pizzas so that was quick and easy. There was just enough meat leftover for 1 lunch serving and enough Tzatiki sauce to go with it.
You can serve this with a small spinach salad on the side with Greek Dressing to complete the meal.
- 1 medium cucumber – peel, remove seeds and finely dice
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1-2 TBSP garlic powder
- 1-2 TBSP dried dill weed
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 TBSP dried parsley
- 2 packages of Naan – 4 pieces
- feta cheese, broken into small pieces
- toppings such as: diced onions, diced tomatoes, spinach leaves, Kalamata olives, extra feta
- Mix diced cucumber, sour cream and the least amount of spices together in a small bowl until well combined. Taste and adjust spices as you prefer. Remember this should be really heavy on garlic and dill but if you would like a bit less that is fine too. Cover and place in refrigerator so flavors have time to blend.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the Naan on two rimmed baking sheets.
- Brown ground beef in skillet over medium heat. Break into small pieces with the side of the spoon as it is cooking.
- Once meat has browned, drain the grease from the pan. Return the pan to the stove top and add garlic and spices to the meat. Stir and allow to cook for 1-2 more minutes until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Remove the skillet from heat.
- Spoon 1/4 of the meat over each piece of the Naan.
- Top the meat with crumbled feta.
- Place pans in oven for 8-10 minutes until pizzas are warmed through and feta is slightly soft.
- Remove pizzas from oven and allow to sit for 3-5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with garnishes as desired.