There are days that dinner needs to be simple and on the table quickly. This was one of those nights. We spent the evening at the beach and were sitting down to dinner at 9:00 pm. This meal took 15 minutes to put together. We could have gone to a Drive Through for chicken sandwiches but they would have cost us $4.50 per sandwich, plus drinks and sides. Easily a $25 take-out bill. We figured these sandwiches cost us about $1.00 to make at home and they were even better than take-out.
I need to make these more often. They were so simple to make because when the chicken breasts are being prepared to be frozen we pound some down to 1/2″ thick cutlets, cube some for casseroles and stir-fries and leave some whole. Once the chicken was thawed it was 15 minutes from refrigerator to table.
Each person at the table could customize their sandwich to their liking. Mayonnaise, barbecue sauce, honey mustard, lettuce, tomato and onions were some of the items we put on the toppings bar.
For my mostly gluten-free son I served his on an Udi’s hamburger bun.
- 1- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken breasts, pounded down to 1/2″ thickness
- Morton Nature’s Seasonings
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 6 good hamburger rolls
- Choice of Toppings: Mayonnaise, Honey Mustard, Barbecue Sauce, Lettuce, Onions, Tomatoes
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle Morton’s over the chicken breasts covering both sides. Place chicken breasts in pan.
- Turn once during cooking when chicken breasts have turned golden brown. Cook through completely and remove from heat.
- Place chicken breasts on rolls and top with your choice of toppings. Serve immediately.
One Comment Add yours
This is a great idea. I’m all for those quick, easy dinners!