This has become my motto lately. I get frustrated when I go into an office or a business to speak with a manager or someone in charge and about an issue I have with customer service or a product and they give me the answer, “But, we have always done it this way.” That is lazy and inexcusable to me. So, I have decided to make it personal to me. When I don’t want to do something or I am tempted to take the easy way out I am saying to myself, change. To me it means grow. It may be uncomfortable but in the long run I think it will greatly benefit me.
This meal is a bit of a stretch for my family. Salad is not usually a meal my kids will eat as an entree and not be looking for something else to eat after. But, this is the season of change.
This was a hit. The tortellini added enough bulk to the meal that everyone was satisfied with a salad for dinner. We had enough leftover for a lunch serving the next day.
For my mostly gluten-free son I used gluten-free ravioli instead of tortellini and gluten-free croutons to make this for him.
- 1 (16 oz) bag of frozen tortellini, cooked according to package directions and then rinsed in cold water to cool
- 1 bag Romaine lettuce, chopped
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated or shredded
- Creamy Caesar Salad Dressing – either your favorite bottled or recipe below:
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsps coarse grain mustard
- 1/2 tsp dried ground mustard
- 2 tbsps white wine vinegar
- 2 tsps worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly shredded or grated
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- If making salad dressing do this first. In a food processor, process the garlic until finely minced. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, dried ground mustard, vinegar, worcestershire, and parmesan cheese. Begin processing, then slowly drizzle the olive oil in while the machine is on. Continue mixing until the dressing reaches your desired consistency. To thin, add a little more olive oil. Add the pepper and pulse until combined.
- Place lettuce on plate. Add tortellini over top. Drizzle with salad dressing and then sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top. Top with croutons.