I love my small kitchen appliances. I can’t believe that so many people stick them in their cupboards and never let them see the light of day. As you know I LOVE my slow cooker. Put some ingredients in the bowl in the morning and at dinner time you have a meal! How easy is that. Or my bread maker? I don’t just make bread in it. Pizza dough, pretzel dough and dough for rolls are usually made at least once or twice a week in my bread maker. No watching, no kneading and delicious dough comes out 1-2 hours later.
This recipe uses both of my favorite small appliances. If you don’t have either one you can buy pizza dough or make your favorite recipe if you like. If you don’t have a slow cooker fry your chicken and veggies in a skillet with the seasoning and a bit of water to cook. There are always ways to make the recipes if you don’t want to use the small appliances but they do make things easier if you have them.
My family loved this pizza. My son wanted his a bit more spicy so he drizzled Siracha over his slices. Next time I make this pizza I will add extra onions and peppers over the pizza just before I cook it for more fajita flavor.
I served this with a green side salad to complete the meal.
Chicken Fajita Topping:
- 2 onions, large chop
- 2 large peppers (red or yellow), large chop
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons Rapid Rise Yeast
- 3 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- sliced peppers and onions, parsley if desired
- Place half of the onions and peppers in the bottom of your slow cooker. Lay two chicken breasts over the onions and peppers. Mix all spices in a small bowl and sprinkle over the chicken. Place other half of onions and peppers on top and cover. Cook on low 6-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours.
- About an hour and a half prior to serving meal prepare dough by placing all ingredients in order into your bread maker. Choose dough setting.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees when pizza dough is ready.
- When pizza dough is finished place dough in greased rimmed baking pan. Work until pizza dough is spread edge to edge or as close as possible. This made two large pizzas for us.
- Sprinkle cheese over crusts. Top with chicken fajita mixture from the slow cooker and extra onions and peppers if desired.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove when edges are browning and bottom of the crust is golden brown.
- Allow pizza to rest 5 minutes before cutting.