February Share Your Story Guest- Marci W. of What’s For Dinner Moms!

This is a piece I wrote for my friend Melissa’s blog The Autism Mommy Avenger. This is the story of how my son was finally diagnosed with Autism.

Autism Mommy Avenger

I love sharing my stories about my amazing son, Billy, who was diagnosed with moderate/severe autism & sensory processing disorder. But, I feel like there are so many other stories out there, other than mine, that need to be shared. So, every month I will be sharing a wonderful blog post from another parent of a child with Autism or someone who is Autistic themselves. I hope you all enjoy reading others stories as much as I do!

This months story comes from the wonderful Marci W. She currently writes a blog called What’s For Dinner Moms? You can check out her blog here. Her son was 5 when he was finally diagnosed. Thanks for sharing your story with us, Marci! Here is her story….

marci

My son was very different from his older sister right from the start. She had health problems and was in and out of doctors offices and…

View original post 1,475 more words

1. Thanks so much for sharing and thank you even more for writing your story and letting me share it!

Hoping you get some more traffic to your wonderful blog!

2. Tikeetha T says:

Great read! Thank you for sharing something so personal and helping others.

It was cathartic in many ways. Thank you for reading!

3. What a journey it has been for you! I’m very glad you finally got the diagnosis. He sure is a cutie in that outfit!

Thank you! His perseverance for a long time was Peter Pan. He could quote the movie from memory. 🙂

4. It must be so tough for you with everyone blaming you. Thanks for sharing your personal story. Hopefully others will benefit from it.

It’s okay now but I took it all so personally whether it was meant that way or not. Thank you for reading!

5. My heart goes out to you. I can relate to your story. At least now your son can get the help he needs and hopefully it will make the battle a little easier, for everyone. How is your daughter coping with everything at home?

She does well. She is much more sensitive to the needs of others around her. This was 8 years ago so much has changed in our life since then.