I have been working on my Social Media outlets lately. I have never shared them on here but here they are:
- Twitter: @Koolaidmoms2 (click for link to Twitter)
- Facebook: What’s for Dinner Moms? (click for link to Facebook)
- Pinterest: What’s for Dinner Moms? (click for link to Pinterest)
- Instagram: @Koolaidmoms (click for link to Instagram)
- Google+: What’s for Dinner Moms? (click for link to Google+)
- Snapchat: @Koolaidmoms
I hope that you will take a moment to follow me and please share yours links below! I would love to follow you too. Please reblog this post if you wish so others may add their links too. It’s all about helping each other!
While you are here why not have a slice of Potato Crusted Quiche. This was a very easy meal, my daughter made dinner, and tasted great too! This would be an excellent brunch meal as it can be made ahead of time and reheated for the brunch.
Using frozen shredded potatoes made this recipe extra easy. You can easily shred your own potatoes into ice water and wring them you have enough but opening a bag of thawed potatoes and squeezing them a couple of times with paper towels seemed so much easier on an already busy night.
My mostly gluten-free son loved this meal because it was gluten-free we did not have to make any substitutions at all for him! No need to make him a separate dish with a gluten-free crust.
I served this with a green side salad for a complete dinner.
Potato Crusted Quiche
- 2 lbs. frozen shredded potatoes, thawed
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 12 oz. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Have 2 9″ pie plates ready to fill.
- Squeeze the hash browns to remove any liquid from them. In a bowl mix potatoes, butter, salt, and pepper. Press 1/2 the mixture into each pie plate. Bake until golden brown around the edges about 25-30 minutes.
- Mix the eggs, sour cream, and whipping cream to smooth. Add bacon, cheese and parsley and stir well.
- Divide mixture between the two shells. Bake for 20-25 minutes until set in center. Remove from oven and let it rest at least 5 minutes before cutting.