I love my slow cooker but I don’t like that many recipes call for canned soups. I don’t like the flavors and they are so icky to me. So, I have a recipe I use instead of any canned soups it is so simple even my daughter, who helped make dinner last night, said, “If I can do this anyone can do it.”
Now the picture above looks weird but the taste and the smell that went through our house was amazing! All day long I could not wait until dinner time to dig in.
Though I did end up using a Ranch Dressing packet in the end this meal could easily be made using ranch dressing spices and the Canned Soup Substitute. We LOVED this dish. Both kids said it reminded them a bit of Swedish Meatballs.
I served this with green beans as a side.
Ranch Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Gravy (no canned soups)
No Canned Cream Soup Soup: (use this in place of canned soups – add mushrooms, onions, etc. as desired to make different flavor soups)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream or 1/2 and 1/2
- salt and pepper
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat melt the butter. Slowly whisk in the flour until it become thick. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in the chicken stock and then the heavy cream. Allow to cook until it becomes thick like gravy. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 lbs. pork chops (not smoked)
- 1 packet of Ranch salad dressing (or spices equivalent)
- 1 recipe of No Canned Cream Soup Mix
- 2 tablespoons Corn Starch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Place pork chops in the bowl of the slow cooker. Mix ranch dressing packet with creamed soup mix. Pour the ranch soup mix over the pork chops.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove pork from slow cooker and cover to keep warm. Mix corn starch and water in a small bowl until the corn starch is fully dissolved. Turn the slow cooker to high and stir in the corn starch mix. Continue stirring until mixture thickens. If it doesn’t thicken enough, add another tablespoon of corn starch mixed with water.
- When thickened taste and adjust spices as needed.
- Serve over egg noodles if desired.