We have our room on a separate air conditioner because our room was added on several years ago but not hooked up to the main system. So, everyone has been sleeping in our room. We are basically camping in our room.
What you can’t see it that this dish was pictured on my bed. Yes, we are even eating upstairs in my bedroom. It keeps us all from being short tempered and snapping at each other. So, we are watching quite a bit of the Olympics and old movies.
This dish was fairly quick and simple to make. We shredded the cabbage, from our CSA, in the morning when it was cool and I spent the extra to buy the match stick carrots so I didn’t have to spend time and energy cutting them up. Sometimes the extra $.50 is worth it.
Listen to me, use low salt or no salt soy sauce in this dish or it will be inedible. The Country Sausage is salty to begin with and if you use regular soy sauce you will be drinking a gallon of water just to try and choke it down. Really.
This was a good dish. We all liked it and it was good and hearty. I made a side dish of green beans to have with it but a good side salad would work too.
Egg Roll Bowl
- 1 1/2- 2 lbs. Country Bulk Sausage (this is NOT Italian sausage)
- 1 head of cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup matchstick cut carrots
- 3 cloves garlic, minced finely
- 2/3 cup soy sauce, LOW SODIUM or NO SALT
- 1/2 teaspoon+ powdered ginger
- Cook the sausage in a large skillet or wok over medium heat until just cooked through. Use the side of a spoon to break it into small pieces as it is cooking. Remove grease from pan.
- Add cabbage, carrots, garlic, soy sauce and ginger to pan. Stir well.
- Cook 5-7 minutes until the cabbage wilts and the carrots soften a bit.
- Serve hot.