Irish Dancing in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Milwaukee

We are on the road again this weekend for Irish dancing. We love Milwaukee, Wisconsin!

We were in our hotel room last night when some one let us know about the shooting by the police officers, the protest and the fires. We were 20 miles away and we’re safe but it all makes us sad. We love the city of Milwaukee and all that it offers.  The dance venue is 5 miles from the area last night and there are lots of people all over the area.

I am better this morning after a nasty bout of what I believe was food poisoning last night.  My daughter is getting ready to dance. I wish you all time to dance and play today. Have fun.  Play like a kid again!

1. spearfruit says:

Have fun, be safe and be well. 🙂

Liked by 2 people

Thank you so much!

Liked by 2 people

2. Marci-try to enjoy-I know it must be scary for you all and the folks there too. As Terry says and I agree stay safe, we are thinking about you!!! xx

Liked by 2 people

Thank you. I feel so bad for all the people here.

1. Yes, anytime, anywhere we also feel it, much sadness…xx

3. Ick, food poisoning is no fun at all. Enjoy the dances!

Thank you. Finally starting to feel a bit better.

4. Ugh! Sorry to hear you had food poisoning. That’s never fun.

I hope your daughter does well with the dance today! Wow, she looks pretty.

Stay safe over there!

Thanks. I am feeling much better. My daughter did well today with a 2nd and a 4th.

1. Great news for both of you!

Curious. How long does it take to do her hair and make-up?

The hair is a wig. Most girls wear them now a days. Otherwise, she has curly hair and it used to take me about an hour to curl it with a hot iron. Make up takes about 30 minutes. She does it by herself now for the most part but days like yesterday where she does something she doesn’t like it I get to “fix” it.

1. I didn’t think it was a wig! I see some of the girls in the group photo do look like they’re wearing them though.

How nice that she can do her own make up most the time. 🙂

5. Irish dance is so fun to watch! Four of my nieces danced and we enjoyed watching their performances.

It is fun but unless you understand it, it can be boring.

Hit enter too soon. My son gets to do something one day where ever we go so that he doesn’t have to go to the Feis both days. Makes him much happier!

6. Sorry you were not well! I did not hear about this will have to watch the news!

It was pretty bad. There is so much sadness everywhere.

1. yes there really is !