You are Going to Disney World Again? My Response

Castle from Right sideAs I am getting ready to book our next trip to Disney World in February already I can hear in my head all the people who ask where we are going on vacation this year say, “Didn’t you just go there?”  or my favorite, “You know there are other places to visit other than Disney World, right?”

Every time.

My response has become pretty automatic.

My family loves Disney World.  It is a place that we feel comfortable and can just play together.  One of the best things about Disney World is that it is ever-changing and it grows with my family but it stays just enough the same that it feels like home each time we visit.  Even thought my 14 year-old has been 14 times there are still things that she has not experienced yet and we can’t wait to share them with her and her brother.

Christmas CastleWe have seen Cinderella’s Castle dressed as a pink birthday cake, for the 50th anniversary and for holidays.  Or Spaceship Earth with the giant Mickey Hand and Wand.  Now with rumors of the possible removal of Sorcerer’s Mickey Hat from Walt Disney Studios we want to be able to see it for possibly the last time.

Epcot 2005The lands have changed.  Such as they added ToonTown and then made it into New Fantasyland.  New rides have been made and some old rides have been refurbished or closed to make way for new technologically advanced rides.  We have been able to ride The Under the Sea Journey of the Little Mermaid but can’t wait to try the new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

When we first started going to Walt Disney World we saw the model for Animal Kingdom in Celebration Hall and loved imagining what it would be like.  Now, we are looking at plans for the Avatar Land in Animal Kingdom that will be completed in the next few years.  We are imagining this with the kids and wonder what the next “big” thing will be.   We are only limited by our imagination.

Restaurants have been created or refurbished since our last trip.  We can’t wait to try California Grill or return to The Biergarten for a trip down memory lane.  We are foodies at heart and my kids love trying all the different restaurants around the world and in the resorts.  We always try one or two new restaurants each trip but there are a few that will continually be our favorites such as Crystal Palace.  A hug from Pooh Bear can make everything better.

Same kids 10 years laterMy children 10 years later at Crystal Palace.

We are not the same each time we go.  Both children started their trips when they were 18 months old and barely able to toddle down Main Street.  Some years we have been able to go twice in one year but even then they were not at the same point developmentally.  Starting out in strollers and then moving to a special needs stroller for our autistic son and now a scooter for Mommy we have moved through many stages of life with Disney.  We have learned what works for my son and he LOVES Disney.  He can talk endlessly about the movies, Walt Disney trivia and his future vision for the parks.

Family CollageTraveling with my parents in 2005 and with my Mother-in-Law 2011.

And our family make-up is not the same each time we go.  Sometimes it is just the four of us but over the years we have taken my brother and sister-in-law with us.   My parents have gone with us, including my Dad who used a scooter for the first time and realized how much easier it made his traveling.  My 93-year-old mother-in-law went with us for her first trip.  It was an amazing opportunity that my family will cherish forever.  When she died this past March we were able to share many of the picturse we have of her with the Disney characters and our family.  We even got my brother-in-law and sister-in-law to go with us.  Though I really think he went to humor his wife in the end they have been back 4 more times!

So, yes we are going to Disney World again.  Would you like to come with us sometime?   It is just great family fun and I would love to share it with you.

*Transferred from Earning My Disney PhD. Originally posted on July 14, 2014.

1. You and my Mom are two peas in a pod. 🙂 She has a season pass and has had for decades. I’m good going once every 5 yrs or so, she goes every year sometimes 3 or 4 times! She loves it, and has a great time every time.

It’s your vacation…go to and do whatever makes you happy!

Liked by 2 people

Thanks! We used to have annual passes. Once or twice a year is all we can do right now. We figured once the kids are grown…. 🙂

2. Mon ☠ says:

Its in my bucket list to go to Disney World.

It’s our favorite! I hope you make it soon.

3. I literally just landed back home from Disney World and it is always a magical place to go. This was our first time taking the kids and it is a totally different experience. I had tears of joy streaming down my face watching the kids light up with excitement. Those are memories that we will cherrish forever and I can’t wait to take them back!

Liked by 2 people

I cry each and every time we enter the park on the first day and the last night as we leave. Taking children brings a whole new level of love for Disney.

4. I used to visit Disneyland every year. Now can’t wait for my son to grow up so that I can take him there 🙂 I love

Liked by 2 people

5. I love Disneyland and Disneyworld a lot!

Yeah! It’s our happy place!

6. Homemakersunited says:

I would love to go one day. It looks like a blast.

Liked by 2 people

It is. I would highly recommend everyone try it at least once. It’s not for everyone but it is our favorite place.

7. We used to hear this all the time. When we lived in Florida, we lived less than two hours away and usually went every weekend and for the holidays! Almost all of our trips are still there, except for visiting our son who is a United States Marine, and my mom-in-law. A lot of people quit asking because we asked them where they were going, or if they were going to the same place close to home that they go every year for a week. LOL So thrilled to see how much you and your family love WDW!!! We will be there in a week, after the hurricane, and then (saying prayers)-for a MONTH in December in to January!! :))) Jen

Liked by 2 people

Yeah! We were hoping for February this year but because of scheduling conflicts it looks like it will be April. I love the cooler temperatures and low crowds in late January/early February.

1. We agree. February we try to go for my birthday. We have been going every 8 weeks, sometimes every 10. We also have a daughter and son-in-law and three grandbabies in Thonotosassa (Hard one to say) so they camp and play for part of our stay.

Very cool!

8. I’m sorry hit send without saying I am sorry you do not get to go in February :((

It’s fine but I love the weather then! I am not a humid weather or heat school.

9. NickyB. says:

I couldn’t agree more.

10. You don’t need to explain to me – if I wasn’t on the opposite hemisphere I would be at Disney as often as I possibly could.

Liked by 2 people

Yeah! Someone who understands!

Thank you!

11. Tricia Wells says:

It doesn’t get old! Each trip can bring something new to see and do. Planning and organizing a Disney trip was such an enjoyable experience. I loved it!!

12. disfricks says:

I love the Crystal Place. It is just the right price for the amount of food. And to get a reservation for 8:30 and not see anyone in the parks yet is awesome views! It sure doesn’t get old. I am 23 (almost 24) and If I had it my way I would do something Disney everyday. If I had more money I would be able to as I live 3 hours away!! Taking people that have never been is so fun to me. I get to share what I like about a park with that person!

I enjoyed reading! Great post!

Liked by 2 people

Thank you! We have advanced dining reservations (ADRs) for our next trip. The kids are excited. This will be my 21st trip and I too would go far more often if I lived closer!

13. Chaotic Caramels says:

I wish I could go to Disney as much as you do!

Liked by 2 people

Thank you. I know we are very fortunate.

14. If I was able to go there every single day I totally would. Who wouldn’t want to go there every year? Those people are lame, it’s fun for everyone and disney is seriously awesome. Infinite delicious food and infinite rides!!

Liked by 2 people

Yes. Even though we have gone so many times each trip is new and different!

15. You can never go to Disney enough… never…. it never gets old. When we lived in San Diego we would head up to Anaheim as often as we could. I once went on my birthday by myself and had a glorious day! Now we are on the east coast and have been to Disney World often, not as often as we were able to go to Disneyland, but I love each visit and when it is over I could cry. Hopefully I will get there again soon, as it has already been too long since our trip in November of 16… Great post!

Thank you so very much!