*This is NOT a sponsored post. I bought the sausages with my own money and these are my own thoughts and opinions and should be interpreted as such.
When I was grocery shopping a few weeks ago I saw these McCormick Grill Mates Smoked Sausages on sale. My kids LOVE Montreal Steak seasoning on just about everything so I decided to give them a try. Not sure of how peppery they would be I decided to put them in creamy macaroni and cheese so balance out the flavor. I did not have to fear. Both kids liked the sausages quite a bit but agreed they could have had a bit more Montreal seasoning to make it more peppery.
We loved this dish. My daughter, who is not always happy when I put “things” into her macaroni and cheese like meat and vegetables, thought this was really good. Both kids asked that next time I make it that I stir some of the Montreal Seasoning into the macaroni and cheese too. If your family likes the black pepper flavor of the Montreal Seasoning you may wish to do that too.
I served this with green beans and a green side salad.
Mac & Cheese with Grill Mates Smoked Sausage
- 1 (16 oz) box of pasta
- 1 package of McCormick Grill Mates Smoked Sausage, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 (8 oz) block of cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 oz) block of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 pint of whipping cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- McCormick Montreal Seasoning, to taste, if desired
- bread crumbs or onion straws for topping, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 13 x 9 casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Boil pasta according to package directions to al dente. While pasta is boiling shred cheddar cheese.
- Once pasta has cooked drain well and return pasta to pan. Add shredded cheese and whipping cream. Stir until cheese is completely melted. If needed turn heat on to medium to melt cheese. Remove pan from heat once cheese is melted.
- Stir in beaten egg, sausage, salt, pepper and McCormick Seasoning, if desired, to pasta.
- Pour into prepared pan. At this point if you want a topping sprinkle with bread crumbs and melted butter mixed together or onion straws. Bake for 45 minutes or until heated through and dish is set.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.