One of the last items left from our No Buy January was a bag of farm fresh blueberries from our Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) share last summer. My daughter had a friend spend the night over the weekend so I made blueberry pancakes for the girls to use them up!
These were really good. I am not sure if it was the farm fresh blueberries or the hint of lemon but both girls ate four pancakes each. I made 2 extra for breakfast the next morning. These were 1/3 cup pancakes so they were really large and I added lots of blueberries.
Yummy Blueberry Pancakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed is best
- 1 3/4 cups half and half (I used fat-free and it worked great)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled slightly
- blueberries for pancakes, frozen or fresh both work well
- butter for cooking
- butter and syrup for topping, if desired
- In small bowl mix half and half and lemon juice.
- In a larger bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda.
- To the milk and lemon juice mixture add egg and butter. Mix well.
- Slowly pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture. Stir until just the biggest lumps have been broken up. Batter will be lumpy.
- Melt butter in pan over medium heat. Pour 1/3 cup of batter into warm pan. Top with blueberries.
- Flip once the pancakes get very bubbly and brown on the bottom. Flip carefully with a large spatula.
- Cook second side until browned and cooked through.
- Serve immediately or keep in 170 degree oven until ready to serve.