If you have been a follower of my blog for a while you know I mostly post recipes for entrees, sides and a few breads and very few sweets. I had my daughter make this recipe the other night and we were all surprised at how good it was.
Brownies with stuff in them are delicious. Peanut butter cups, candy bars and even chocolate chip cookie dough are all delicious. We thought for sure that the cookies baked in the center would be soggy or the brownies would be too mushy or over baked. I am not a sweets person and I actually ate a brownie. My family was shocked that I actually wanted to try one. They looked so good I couldn’t pass it up.
The added Oreo stayed whole and though it was softer it still had a bit of texture to it. It wasn’t mushy and you could taste the actual Oreo! These brownies would be delicious as a base to a sundae too.
- 1 large size family box of your favorite brownie mix (make sure it is for a 9 x 13 pan or get 2 smaller size mixes
- items to bake your brownies according to package
- 1 bag of Oreo sandwich cookies
- Preheat oven according to package. Line a 9 x 13 baking dish with aluminum foil. Spray the foil well with non-stick spray.
- Make mix according to package directions.
- Pour 1/4 of brownie mix in the bottom of the pan. Arrange Oreos in the pan to fill the pan. Pour rest of batter over the cookies.
- Bake according to package directions or until center is set. Do not over bake.
- Remove brownies from pan to cool before cutting.