You know I love one pan meals. Less pots and pans means less clean up! What I like even more is not having to cook it too. I was away for the day with my daughter while she danced. When we got home my partner had dinner ready for us.
As she was looking around the internet there are tons of recipes and videos for this dish. Some use honey, some use mustard or vinegar. Just pick what will work best for your family. She went very simple with olive oil, fresh lemon, garlic and black pepper.
Well, this actually ended up being two pans to fit all the salmon, asparagus and potatoes she wanted to make. We usually make enough to have four to six servings at dinner and then enough for one or two leftover servings for lunch.
We had this meal with a green side salad.
One Pan Roasted Lemon Potatoes and Asparagus with Salmon
- 2 lbs. salmon fillets, thawed if frozen
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 4 tablespoons + olive oil
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 lbs. potatoes, cut into large chunks
- 4 bunches asparagus, ends trimmed
- zest of one lemon
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cover two rimmed baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- In a bowl mix olive oil, garlic and lemon with a whisk.
- In a bag combined the potatoes, salt, black pepper, and enough lemon/oil to coat potatoes. Shake or move bag until potatoes are completely coated. Empty bag on to one baking sheet and bake potatoes for 20 minutes. Remove pan from oven and flip all potatoes. Return pan to oven to bake for 10 more minutes.
- Move potatoes to edge of pan, using second pan as necessary. Place the salmon on the pan leaving about 1″ between slices. Brush with lemon/oil.
- Toss asparagus with salt, pepper and remaining lemon/oil. If there is not enough lemon/oil add regular olive oil as needed. Place asparagus on pans.
- Sprinkle entire pan with lemon zest. Return pan to oven for 12-15 minutes depending on thickness of salmon. Cook until salmon is cooked through and potatoes are tender.
- Remove pan from oven and serve hot.