Sometimes you just want that spaghetti sauce that has that all day slow cooker taste on a weekday. I was going to be out of the house all day but I knew I wanted the sauce for dinner so I put all the ingredients in the slow cooker so all we needed to do when we got home was make the pasta and grate some cheese. Anything to make dinner simple!
I made enough to freeze for later too! I can pull out the sauce in a few weeks and make a lasagna or pizza. It is all ready for me to use.
My family liked the sauce and I loved that it had no added sugar. I was reading the labels of jarred sauce and most contain added sugars. Using lots of spices made this dish flavorful and delicious.
We served this with pasta, garlic brad for dipping in the sauce, and a plate of veggies as a side.
Grandma's Spaghetti Sauce (on a Weekday - Slow Cooker)
- 1 (28 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (28 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 heaping teaspoons dried basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Pasta and grated cheese for serving, if desired
- Place all ingredients in the slow cooker. Stir well. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Stir and taste. Adjust ingredients to your taste.