Are you celebrating Cinco de Mayo today?
My daughter made this for us to snack on during the day. She loves making and coming up with all sorts of combinations for Muddy Buddies. This is a great recipe to make with kids. They can stir and pour!
Mexican Hot Chocolate Muddy Buddies
- 1 (11.5 oz bag) milk chocolate chips
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups+ square cereal (rice, corn, wheat, – your choice)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl in microwave. Once chips are melted add butter to dish and stir well. Mixture should be like slightly thinned frosting.
- In a bowl place cereal. Pour the chocolate over and stir well. To completely coat cereal.
- Add powdered sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon to bowl and coat cereal with mixture.
- Place in sealed container to eat later or serve.