We generally stay at Hilton brand hotels because we travel so much that we can accumulate points towards more hotel stays. One of the hotels we stay at, DoubleTree, has as one of its perks that they give your traveling party free warm chocolate chip cookies when you check in.
These cookies are not your traditional chocolate chip cookies. They have a bit of oats in them and a hint of cinnamon. They are also nice and large. They feel like you are really getting something special.
My family loved these cookies. They thought they were some of the best cookies I have ever made. The oats were present but didn’t overwhelm and with plenty of milk chocolate chips they had a great flavor.
Add a big glass of your favorite milk and grab a cookie and enjoy!
DoubleTree Hotel Like Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats, NOT quick oats
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts, chopped (if desired)
- In a large bowl mix together oats, flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. In a second bowl mix together melted butter, brown sugar, sugar, and vanilla until well combined. Add two eggs.
- Stir the butter mixture into the flour mix. Add chocolate chips and walnuts. Stir together.
- Let dough rest for 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop by 1/4 cup onto parchment paper. Bake for 10 to 14 minutes. do not over bake. Cookies are best a bit underdone rather than overdone.