While I am taking care of my family I have a few recipes in reserve that are family favorites. I hope you enjoy.
You may already know I am NOT a fan of the pumpkin spice overload. I think it is way overdone and I especially don’t like the artificial pumpkin taste and smell in many items. Don’t get me wrong I love pumpkin just not the over saturation of fake pumpkin.
These muffins were super moist and delicious. This recipe made 15 large muffins. They were perfect for breakfast and on the run snacks.
- 1 and 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a muffin pan by placing cupcake liners in cups.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, pie spice, and salt until well blended.
- Make a well in the center and add canola oil, sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin, eggs, and milk. Stir until all ingredients are blended.
- Fill liners about 2/3rds full. Bake for 15-18 minutes until centers are cooked through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before moving to racks to finish cooling.