No Electricity = No Post Today

We lost power at 12:03 am. I know because I was still awake when suddenly the television, lights and fans went off. My daughter came in because she didn’t like being the only one downstairs in the dark.

We all chatted for a bit. I was able to get to sleep about 3 am. So, four hours of sleep later I was done. It was thankfully 45 degrees outside so it was chilly but not mind numbing cold.

Power was just restored about 4:30 pm. A large tree had taken down power lines and poles. It knocked out power to 2500 homes.

Although this was an inconvenience I cannot imagine being one of the people going on 6 weeks with no power in Puerto Rico. My laundry in the washing machine will need to be rerun, my freezer cleaned up and we can go put to eat. But not to be able to even communicate with others and not know the time? No laundry, no cooking, no refrigeration. I cannot even fathom.

1. pat grattan says:

We had a hurricane strength windstorm here on Sunday, 10/29 which left 155,000 in RI without power for up to 5 days. I was lucky and did not sustain damage. When I was in Maine over the weekend, they were still recovering from that same storm and had lots of outages 10 days later. I thought the same thing — those unfortunate people in Puerto Rico, Anguilla, Virgin Islands.

I cannot even imagine…. So sad.

2. syl65 says:

Glad your power was restored. Yes, it is unimaginable what they are dealing with in Puerto Rico day after day.

3. mistimaan says:

Really its painful day for you….hopefully situation will improve

4. Erika Kind says:

I am glad that everything is back to normal again. You are right, it is unimaginable what it means to be without electricity for weeks or months… even for several days.

5. Lacey says:

I didn’t have power for 2 weeks once, and it was so difficult. Glad it was semi-short for you!

I cannot imagine! Thankfully it was short lived but really gave me pause for people who are without power for long periods of time and how difficult it must be.