I still had some hot dogs in my freezer from our September barbecue and wanted to find a way to use some for an easy dish for parties. I love my slow cooker because it can keep food warm for a long period of time during a party. I used to have a divided crock that could keep 2 items warm at the same time. I need to get a new one for entertaining.
I have strange children. They hate the smell of any kind of alcohol but if I cook with it they love the flavor. Strange children. They both really liked this and asked me to make it again for New Year’s Eve. It was not my favorite as it was not as sweet as I would have liked but I think that is why they liked it.
I will be making it again for them soon.
Slow Cooker Boozy Barbecue Bourbon Hot Dogs
- 2 -3 lbs. beef hot dogs, sliced in to 1″ slices
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- Mix all ingredients in slow cooker until well blended. Cook for one hour, taste and adjust spices to your liking.
- Cook on low 3-4 hours until hot dogs are heated through. Serve warm.