December is the season of eggnog. I am NOT a fan of eggnog at all but I love the cinnamon and nutmeg flavor combination. I think the combination of flavors works perfectly in these waffles. Not too much nutmeg but enough cinnamon to bring out the flavor of eggnog.
My daughter had a friend spend the night and the next morning they wanted waffles. Both of them ate two huge waffles each! That is huge for her friend who is a self admitted picky eater. Though she did admit she is trying to stretch the foods she will eat.
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups half and half (fat-free works well)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- maple syrup, butter, whipped topping, and sprinkles as desired
- Mix flour, salt, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Whisk in eggs, half and half, butter, and vanilla until well blended and fairly smooth.
- Cook in waffle maker according to waffle maker directions.
- Top with syrup, butter, or whipped topping as desired.