My family loves Peppermint Patties. I don’t know why I didn’t think of making them before. I made half with a bittersweet dark chocolate and half with a milk chocolate. My children tend not to like dark chocolate unless it is a REALLY good brand. I had some Baker’s chocolate so I didn’t know how that would be for them so I decided to make half with milk chocolate.
They loved both of these. I preferred the dark chocolate but I really like peppermint with dark chocolate. These were so simple to make and kept well in the refrigerator for several days. I will definitely be making these again. They would make a lovely Christmas gift for friends and family. I may even drizzle them with some red and green colored white chocolate to make them festive!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 teaspoons peppermint extract, to taste
- 2 cups chocolate for dipping, wafers or other work well
- Combine butter, corn syrup, extract and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat together for about 3 minutes, until ingredients are well combined and form a solid.
- Remove dough from bowl and break off about half-dollar sized sections. Roll into a ball and gently flatten with your hands. Put patties down on a pan lined with wax or parchment paper. Once all patties are made, place pan in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in microwave or over a double boiler. Let sit for an additional minute in the microwave or over a double boiler to cool a bit. Remove and gently stir. Remove peppermint patties from freezer. Use a fork to dip each patty in the chocolate, flip to coat the other side, then tap on edge to remove any excess. Transfer chocolate coated patties to wax paper to cool.
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.