We love garlic. This chicken uses about 1 bulb of garlic (15-20 cloves). If you love garlic give this a try.
This chicken is delicious and super quick to make on week nights. Pound the chicken down and it takes less time to cook and cooks more evenly. No dried out edges when the center is raw.
We served this over angel hair pasta with extra sauce over the top. If you like a saucy recipe you may want to double the sauce. I didn’t quite double the garlic but used the rest of the bulb in the recipe.
I served this with green beans and a green side salad to complete the meal.
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breast, pounded to 1/2″ thickness
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bulb garlic (15 -20 cloves of garlic), minced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup white wine (or additional chicken stock)
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 3 sprigs thyme, optional
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper
- Pinch of paprika
- Angel Hair Pasta and Parsley for serving, if desired
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Fry the chicken until both are slightly browned and cooked through. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the remaining olive oil and saute the garlic until light brown. Add the chicken back into the skillet, followed by the chicken broth, white wine and yogurt. Lower the heat and let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the thyme (if using), salt, pepper and paprika. Continue to cook the sauce until it reduces to desired consistency. Remove from heat, garnish with parsley and serve immediately over pasta if desired.