My daughter loves Ramen noodle packages for lunch. They are cheap and easy for her to make in a hurry. We always have a few packages of these in the pantry and we decided to use them in a pinch for dinner. They were perfect! They cook in no time and adding a handful of items from out pantry our dinner was on the table in no time.
All of my family loves Asian flavored ground beef so this was a hit in our house. I loved that it was on the table within 30 minutes and no one was complaining about how long dinner was taking to cook!
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef, lean
- 3 packages of Ramen noodles with flavoring packets
- 3 cups water
- 1 (16 oz) bag frozen vegetable mix, your choice
- crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- soy sauce
- oyster sauce
- In a large wok or skillet brown ground beef with a few dashes of crushed red pepper until cooked through. Add contents of 2 Ramen noodle flavoring packets and stir until well combined.
- Remove ground beef from pan and drain any grease from the pan.
- In the same skillet combine water, vegetables, and noodles. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat allowing to cook for 3 -4 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Return beef to pan and add sesame oil, soy sauce, and oyster sauce to taste. You may also add a dash of powdered ginger if you like.
- Serve hot.