I am planning an August vacation for us. We are NOT going to Disney! (gasp). We have decided to combine a dance competition for my daughter with a trip to Branson, Missouri. I had won a contest for a couple of nights hotel stay, some concert tickets, and gift cards. Then I won a second contest to Branson for $150 in gift cards to an arcade and restaurant. I guess we were meant to go to Branson this summer. We are extending the trip a bit since we are in Branson anyways there is a “Little House on the Prairie” museum in Mansfield. My family read all the books so I figure this will be interesting. Then of course we are in Missouri which is where Walt Disney was born so we need to stop in Marceline because every trip does need a touch of Disney.
I am so excited that we will be able to fit a vacation in this summer before the kids head back to school but we have to get there first. A couple of weeks of music camp, dance camp, and dance competitions to get through first before we get to relax.
Breakfast for dinner or even freezing rolls for future breakfasts can be such a great and simple thing to help make meals go a bit easier. After one of my daughter’s graduation parties we had about 2 dozen rolls leftover. I could not think of what to do with them until we were out of bread for breakfast sandwiches and thought why not?
These tasted amazing! The brioche roll added a small hint of sweetness without being cloying sweet and they were so tender and delicious. My family gobbled these up.
The best part is if you want to make them to heat up for breakfast freeze them individually wrapped in a lightly damp paper towel so that when you reheat them in the microwave the rolls stay soft and steamy! Perfect.
- 6 brioche rolls
- 1 dozen eggs (scrambled, fried, – your choice)
- breakfast meat (your choice) cooked bacon, sausage, ham, etc…
- 6 cheese slices (your choice) Swiss, cheddar, Colby-Jack, etc…
- Layer your cooked eggs on the bottom of the brioche roll bottom. Top with cheese and cooked meat. Add roll top to complete the sandwich.
- If you wish to freeze the sandwiches for later wrap in a damp paper towel sealed in a zip top bag. To reheat place sandwich in microwave wrapped in towel until warm.